Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Books

Ooh, I love surveys!

How many books read in 2011?
Gosh, I really don't know because I don't keep track like that. Probably 25-30. 

Fiction/Non-Fiction ratio?
Almost all non-fiction.  Well...probably about 5 fiction, and the rest non-fiction.

Male/Female authors?
Definitely more male.  At least four female, maybe a couple that I'm forgetting.  

Favorite book read?
Uncle Tom's Cabin

Least favorite?
Proverbs to Ashes

Oldest book read?
Athanasius' On the Incarnation, apparently written in 318 A.D.

Longest book title?
Wedding Feast of the Lamb: Eucharistic Theology from a Biblical, Historical, and Systematic Perspective

Shortest book title?
I think Uncle Tom's Cabin, Proverbs to Ashes, and On the Incarnation all tie at 3 words each.

How many re-reads?
2- On the Incarnation, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

Most books read by one author this year?
Hmm....I rather doubt I have any multiples.  N.T. Wright, if anyone.

Any in translation?
Several, but I couldn't identify them all.  Mostly textbooks for class.  A Key to the Doctrine of the Eucharist was a translation, the excerpts from Jungel.  Obviously On the Incarnation.  

How many books were borrowed from the library?
Very few, if any.

Name a book you've read this year which was recommended by a blogger?
Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Comments Policy: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23