Monday, November 8, 2010

Things I Think I Think, Vol.III

  • I think G.K. Chesterton's writing style can best be described as "quirky."
  • I think that the lady I saw cut up a cold, hard-boiled egg and put it in the microwave at the hotel last month goes beyond "quirky."
  • I think I need to visit, in no particular order, Milwaukee, South Bend, Dallas, and Washington, D.C.  I'm still not sold on Berkeley. 
  • I think know that I am tired of October being hijacked by breast cancer awareness crap.  As though there's any person alive who doesn't know that breast cancer exists.  As a childhood cancer survivor, I would like to note that there are 2 classrooms full of kids diagnosed with cancer every day.  You know how childhood cancer research gets funded?  Lemonade stands.  No, for real.
  • I think the commercial with the people doing the macarena in their snuggies is quite disturbing.
  • I've been thinking a lot lately about a patient of mine from CPE this summer who passed away.  His family was with him when it happened, and for the entire week before.  They were a great family, and he was a great person.  The whole thing was beautifully sad, and I've just been missing them recently.
  • I think that "the more things change, the more they stay the same."  Whenever I'm teaching confirmation class and getting a little frustrated with the kids goofing off or not paying attention, I realize that they're doing the exact same stuff my friends and I did when we were in confirmation.  And then I have a lot more grace, I take a deep breath, and dive back in. 
  • I think that I am confused as to how in the world it is almost Advent.  Seriously, where did the time go?
  • I think that Scott Caan is a-freaking-dorable in the new Hawaii Five-O.
  • I think that I wish I had somebody around to talk theology with, just kick stuff around, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Comments Policy: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23