Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Holy Introvert, Batman!

Yikes.  I've been home just over a week now, and aside from sleeping, I've had precisely 3 hours of "alone time". 

About 40 minutes of that has been actual alone time, not "in the store time" or some such thing. 

I am about to lose it.

My mom has a little Kaffee Klatch group that meets at the local not-Starbucks on Tuesday mornings, and she asked last night if I wanted to go with her.  Since I'm not the type of person who likes to "be somewhere" by 7:00 am, I politely declined.  Then I realized that if I got up early, I could have a couple hours by myself while she was gone.  So, I did.  I woke up at 7:06, got dressed, and came downstairs...to find my mom sitting on the couch reading the paper.  She decided that she just has too much to do to get ready for the wedding and all the people coming, etc, that she needed to be here instead of chatting it up with her friends.  Which is fine.

But I wanted to be by myself. 

My mom is also a giant extrovert.  She has some introverted tendencies on occasion, but mostly, she's a talker.  All the time.  She doesn't stop talking.  There is no "make my coffee and catch up on Facebook and get ready for the day" because she's talking.  "Morning Joe" is on, and she's reading me snippets of everything she finds in the paper, and doing CPE on herself out loud ("As I'm planning this wedding, something I'm learning about myself and how I handle stress is blah blah blah"). 

And I just want two hours to lay on the couch and watch TV, or blog, or read quietly, or sit and stare at the wall.  I'm going to go out of my mind. 

Help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Comments Policy: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23