Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just Say No

...to carbohydrates.

Ack!  One of the hardest things about being home is going to be the sheer amount of carbs that are available and within arm's reach at every given moment.  I've been trying to be so super-conscious about how much carb I eat - focusing on less than 20g/day.  It's been really good for me - reminding me how much energy I have and how good I feel when I ditch the sugar and junk and just focus on good stuff like meat and veggies and cheese and cream and butter and mmmm....

But one of my strategies for avoiding mindlessly binging on the junk food is to simply not have it around.  Almost everything I have that's bad for me has been tossed since Easter - I've kept a few things around for when I need a treat from time-to-time (mostly for when I get back from the wedding...), but really, it's all gone. It's easier to resist temptation when you aren't being tempted in the first place.

Coming home, though.  Ugh.  There's like 5 different kinds of ice cream in the house.  There's Chex Mix and chocolate and candy and bread and Hot German Potato Salad and mmmmm... Obviously I know that next weekend at the shower/bachelorette party, and at the reception itself, are just going to be nigh-unto-impossible to eat well.  I'm planning for that, I expect it, and frankly, I'm looking forward to it.  I just want to hold out a little bit longer!! 

As my Catholic priest friend says when it comes to hot women, the strategy is to "maintain custody of my eyes".  Yes, indeed.  Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Comments Policy: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23